Independent capital for independent producers.

Energy Partnerships


From 1985 to 2005, Five States Energy Company, LLC formed 28 limited partnerships to acquire producing oil and gas assets. In late 2007, Five States sold more than $200 million of its oil and gas assets under management. Since that time, Five States has shifted toward a focus on energy capital financing and these funds have since closed and are now legacy partnerships.

Fund History

The Limited Partnerships were organized in the state of Texas to acquire interests in producing oil and natural gas properties. Five States Energy Company, LLC (“General Partner”) is the general partner of the Limited Partnerships.

The Limited Partnerships currently consist of the following entities:

  • Five States Consolidated I, Ltd.
  • Five States Consolidated II, Ltd.
  • Five States Consolidated III, Ltd.
    (collectively, the “Limited Partnerships”)

Reserves and Production

Total proved reserves owned by the Limited Partnerships at the end of 2014 were approximately 3.4 million (BOE). On a BOE basis, approximately 88% of year-end reserves are comprised of crude oil and the other 12% is natural gas.