By Marc J. Selverstone
A significant other to John F. Kennedy provides a entire selection of historiographical essays addressing the existence and management of the nation’s thirty fifth president.
- Features unique contributions from top Kennedy scholars
- Reassesses Kennedy, his management, and the period of the hot Frontier
- Reconsiders appropriate Kennedy scholarship and issues to new avenues of research
- Considers the most important crises confronted by means of Kennedy, in addition to family matters together with women’s matters and civil rights
Read Online or Download A Companion to John F. Kennedy PDF
Similar historical books
The Rancher and the Runaway Bride (Silhouette wish, No 779)
The post-Soviet resurrection of the Russian Orthodox Church has once more introduced the idyllic borderland monastery of Valaam into public discover. the celebrity of the monastery is essentially in response to its lengthy and honorable historical snapshot because the Northern Athos . This ebook argues that the attention-grabbing and colourful snapshot of Valaam used to be completely as a result the nationwide Romanticist historiographic efforts of the 18th and nineteenth centuries.
Left through the Indians is an eyewitness account of the Utter-Van Ornum wagon teach bloodbath at the Oregon path. contains an creation by way of Ethan E. Harris for the up to date model.
The Gospel in keeping with St John, usually considered as crucial of the gospels within the account it provides of Jesus' existence and divinity, got shut recognition from nineteenth-century biblical students and triggered an important reaction within the arts. This unique interdisciplinary examine of the cultural afterlife of John in Victorian Britain areas literature, the visible arts and tune of their non secular context.
- Yankee Wife
- The Reign of Adad-nrr III: An Historical and Ideological Analysis of An Assyrian King and His Times
- Sciences and Cultures: Anthropological and Historical Studies of the Sciences
- Historical Dictionary of Uganda
- The Celtic Church in Britain (Church Historical Society series, no. 91)
Additional info for A Companion to John F. Kennedy
2011) Jack Kennedy: Elusive Hero. New York: Simon & Schuster. R. , eds. (2002) The Kennedy Tapes: Inside the White House during the Cuban Missile Crisis. W. Norton. WRITING KENNEDY 29 Miroff, B. (1976) Pragmatic Illusions: The Presidential Politics of John F. Kennedy. New York: McKay. O’Brien, M. (2005) John F. Kennedy: A Biography. New York: St. Martin’s Press. O’Brien, M. (2009) Rethinking Kennedy: An Interpretive Biography. Chicago, IL: Ivan R. Dee. E. (1986) The Impact of Illness on World Leaders.
Thurston Clarke’s JFK’s Last Hundred Days (2013) most fits the scope of this chapter. Primarily through the mining of the JFK oral histories at the Kennedy Library, through Jacqueline Kennedy’s recently published oral history, and through WRITING KENNEDY 27 the opening of additional President Kennedy tapes, Clarke, a freelance historian, wrote an entertaining, detailed, day-by-day account of those final three and a half months, adding to what we know about President Kennedy, albeit not in any significant way.
Kennedy witnessed the incompetency, recklessness, and posturing of high-ranking officers in the war zone and the superpatriots at home eager to endanger young American lives abroad. The cynicism he acquired as a junior officer accompanied him into his presidency. Kennedy’s brother Joe’s 1944 death in an aircraft explosion, Dallek discovered, could have been averted if the British had been alerted to turn off their coastal radar. Dallek added little to what was already known about Kennedy’s time in Congress.
A Companion to John F. Kennedy by Marc J. Selverstone
- Read e-book online Power Systems Modelling and Fault Analysis: Theory and PDF
- Download e-book for kindle: Electric Power Quality by Surajit Chattopadhyay